RANDY BENNETT Ed.D.
4322 Durand Ave.
Racine, WI 53405
MAXIMIZING STUDENT, STAFF, FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AND SUCCESS HAVING WHAT’S NEEDED WHEN IT’S NEEDED RIGHT THERE AT THEIR FINGERTIPS (www.maxfulfillment.com)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Created and directed a new position or department three times, led or co-led four major initiatives in higher education, corporate and nonprofit settings.
- 20 years experience online and face-to-face developing programs, courses, workshops; teaching/learning aids, web-sites, learning and resource centers, and teaching, advising, counseling, coaching, tutoring, Skill set and qualities bottom of maxfulfillment.com/bio
- Online Facilitator (2), Mentoring, and ePortfolio Certifications. Motorola Instructor Training and Certification; Patina Solutions Mentoring Certification. 4.7 to 5 course evaluation ratings (5 pt. scale, 4.2 dept. mean). 5 pages of compliments (www.maxfulfillment.com/testimony/)
- Long term success from co-directing Motorola’s leading post-training evaluation and continuous improvement initiative to co-developing Argosy’s education and organizational leadership department and programs. .
- History of meeting/exceeding client requirements from Accreditation Review recognition for program excellence and innovation at National-Louis University to special awards and employee honors at Northern Trust.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, FACULTY
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Administrative Leadership Milwaukee, WI 2012-Present
- Developing and teaching on-ground, online and blended Adult Education, Administration, Continuing Professional Education, Adult and Organizational Learning, Human Resource Development, Strategic Planning Master Degree courses. Served as Assistant Professor. 4.7 to 5 course evaluation ratings (5 pt. scale, 4.2 dept. mean).
- Coordinated start up, development, website and marketing of Adult Education, Training and Workforce Development and Youth Leadership BA programs. Developed division’s evaluation and learning and continuous improvement program. Creating College’s team science program.
- Conducted Student Leadership and Professional Development Workshops. Developing ‘best practice’ tools, programs and resources for maximizing adult student success, and ‘One Stop’ Professional/Personal, Career Development; Work Life Balance Learning and Resource Center.
- Served on Best Place to Work, Leadership and Professional Development, and Digital Future Committees/Initiatives.
NONPROFIT PROGRAM COORDINATOR, CONTINUING EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
University of Wisconsin Parkside, Center for Community Partnerships (CCP), Kenosha, WI 2010 – 2012
- Created and directed two firsts: CCP’s first Nonprofit Development ‘One Stop’ Information, Learning and Resource Center, and first-time, innovative Nonprofit Capacity Building Workshop series (new learning transfer both during and after workshop with session). Provided coaching, technical assistance, workshops for executive directors; conducted grant program inductions, reviews, mid-term check ins, and post-assessments.
- Maximized nonprofit organizational development and ‘capacity building’ in such diverse areas as strategic planning, leadership development, social networking, evaluation, community engagement, marketing, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising. Results: 94% course evaluation ratings, and successful grant project completions. Developed and taught career, health and work life balance continuing education programs.
DEPARTMENT CO-DEVELOPER, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, FACULTY
Argosy University, School of Education and Organizational Leadership, Chicago, IL 2004 – 2009
(Argosy University has four colleges and 19 campus locations in 11 states.)
- Co-resurrected and completely rebuilt department and program that was without chair and full-time faculty members for two years. Pioneered leadership and career success models, over 25 learning/teaching aids, and a ‘one stop’ information, learning and resource center for maximizing leadership, professional development, career advancement, and making a significant contribution to knowledge and practice.
- Developed and taught online, blended, web enriched courses for Masters and Doctoral programs in Education, Business and Organizational Leadership. Provided academic and dissertation advising; professional, career and leadership development coaching; faculty development workshops, information and resources. Chaired and served on dissertation committees. Developed comprehensive exams, rubrics and guides. Co-developed university-wide Prospectus and Proposal Manuals, and Education Dissertation Guide and Rubric.
- Served on Appeals, Academic Affairs, Faculty Development, Institutional Review Board, Students Affairs, and Student Success Committees. Chaired Assessment and Faculty Development Committees for Illinois Administrative Certification. Elected Faculty Council Co-chair. Results: 35% enrollment increase; 4.7 to 5 (5 pt. scale) course evaluation ratings, online facilitator certification, E-College and WebEx proficiency.
EDUCATION, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LEADER (New position)
Northern Trust Company, Chicago, IL 1999 – 2003
- Pioneered developing, implementing and improving online information, training, support and resources for Illinois and out-of-state banks. Directed planning, training, support and resources for starting five new multi-state banks. Liaison between main and distant banks for resolving issues and problems.
- Conducted comprehensive needs assessment and program planning. Collaborated with all levels of management. Formed stakeholder, target-audience teams. Built and conducted training on four online ‘one-stop’ information, training and resource centers (Top ten out of 40 most used web sites).
- Results: Met/exceeded business, client and participant requirements. Received special cash and peer recommended awards for outstanding contributions and client satisfaction. Promoted to the next level.
CONSULTING, CONTRACTING, ATTAINING A DOCTORATE 1992 – 1998
- Co-led and implemented Motorola University’s leading post-training evaluation and continuous improvement initiative. Generated clients, conducted needs assessments, facilitated courses. Results: Met/exceeded customer requirements for evaluation system improvements; 40% increase in business and training departments conducting post-training evaluations.
- Co-directed, evaluated and improved Motorola CEO’s Parenting and Child Education Initiative, Work and Family Conference, and Facilitator Development Workshops. Initiated action plans, team building, gaining support and overcoming barriers. Results: Established initiative in the regions as planned; participant satisfaction reported; met client, CEO requirements.
- Managed, developed and implemented more than 30 MMI healthcare risk management and quality improvement programs. Assisted with publicity, increasing attendance, training application, overcoming barriers and CEU credit. Results: Met program delivery deadlines; clients reported satisfaction/expectations met.
- Customized and facilitated 18+ Work/Family Directions’ employee development, career management seminars for Ameritech, Amoco, Andersen Consulting, Baxter, Citicorp, Helene Curtis and IBM. Results: Generated 82% gain in needed skills and strategies for improving productivity, results and work life balance.
- Researched, developed and benchmarked Navistar Chicago’s first model of training needs assessment and evaluation. Conducted need assessments; developed surveys; facilitated focus groups. Results: Training assessed, developed, improved meeting client expectations.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, ASSISTANT DEAN (New office), FACULTY
National-Louis University, Wheeling, IL 1983 – 1991
- Created and directed NLU’s first Adult Student Services and Career Planning and Placement office. Developed, delivered and improved programs, services, events, coaching and counseling for the on-time graduation, career, professional/personal development of BA Degree Completion and Graduate programs in four states.
- Served as adult student advocate and liaison to the university. Hired, developed and supervised staff; managed a budget. Student Affairs management team member. Results: Recognized for program quality and innovation in the Ten Year Accreditation Review.
- Developed and taught classroom, online, WebCT and interactive video courses for Masters in Adult Education and BA in Applied Behavioral Sciences programs. Academic and major research project advisor. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) faculty evaluator. Cohort program coordinator; hired, managed and developed faculty.
Ed.D. Adult Education and Career Development
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 2002
M.Ed. Counseling and Adult Student Services
Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 1985
PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES (SAMPLE)